Centre Support Assistant x 2
At Beatson Cancer Charity we support and enhance the treatment, care and wellbeing of current, former and future cancer patients and their families. We work in partnership with the NHS, The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre and all related facilities. We also offer the wider community a unique opportunity to contribute to the fight against cancer in the broadest possible sense.
Reporting to: Team Leader - Support
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 (dependent on experience)
Contract: Permanent, 35 hours per week
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with flexibility for evening and weekend
Annual Leave: 40 days per annum (inclusive of Public Holidays)
Pension: 7% employer and 3% employee contribution
We are currently seeking two full-time permanent Centre Support Assistants to join our Wellbeing team within the Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre. The post holder(s) will utilise a therapeutic based approach to deliver compassionate, person centred support to patient and families using the Wellbeing Centre. This will involve a structured approach to assessing the needs of visitors to the Wellbeing Centre, recognising significant conversation and tailoring the support and services offered as a result of this assessment.
• Contribute towards creating a relaxing, comfortable and therapeutic environment which supports a positive patient experience.
• Recognise and respond to significant conversations in a caring and compassionate manner.
• Responsible for ensuring the appointment booking and scheduling system maximises service provision and ensures the widest reach across patient groups and geographies.
• Responsible for working flexibly with Therapy Team colleagues to ensure patients, visitors and family receive the best possible care across all of the Wellbeing Services.
• Responsible for collecting and processing patient personal data in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
• Responsible for contributing to ongoing audits and evaluations.
Essential Candidate Criteria
• Experience of supporting patients with active, progressive and advanced medical conditions.
• Experience of involvement in the planning and scheduling wellbeing activities and interventions.
• Experience of using enhanced communication skills to recognise and acknowledge significant conversations.
• Experience working in a diverse and multi-skilled team.
• Computer literate with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Desirable Candidate Criteria
• Experience of supporting people with cancer.
• Formal communication training e.g. Sage & Thyme
• Hold a clean and current driving licence.
• Compassion and understanding of the lived experience of others.
• An understanding of the meaning and value of wellbeing approaches and interventions.
• Experience of working in a therapeutic way with vulnerable individuals and groups.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Experience in working in a team in an open and engaging manner.
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously.
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd June at 12 noon
Interview Date: Thursday 30th June
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Beatson Cancer Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to employing a wide range of employees who are reflective of the diverse community that we support.